A mother is…
- A carrier & bringer of life.
- Unconditional love & devotion.
- Self-sacrificial & all-in.
- Missed when they’re not around.
- A shoulder to cry our broken hearts on.
- A mind of wisdom in times of burden or fear.
- As gentle as a morning rain.
- Stronger than anyone.
- A heart of compassion, pride, & joy.
- A fortress for protection.
- Resilient, no matter what brings her down.
- An inspirational role model for the ages.
- Santa Clause on Christmas morning.
- A hot bowl of soup on a winter day.
- A smile & thumbs up in times of doubt.
- A passionate & life-long teacher.
- The silliest comedian the world has ever known.
- Creative & artistic in every way.
- The woman we want to be one day.
Whether near or far, alive or gone, biological or adopted, mothers of the world are some of the best people in the world. Sometimes it is easy to take them for granted, but the world would be a scary place without them. Mom, thanks for being there through the good, the bad, & the ugly. Being a mom might seem easy to those that aren’t, but it’s one of the hardest, scariest, and best jobs in the world.
Thank you- because you are still the woman I want to grow up to be like one day.
To all the moms out there, happy Mother’s Day.