If you know me, you know how much I love nature & being outdoors (well…at least when I won’t be cooked to death in hundred-degree weather). My two most favorite seasons are Spring & Fall. As much as I love the beautiful flowers & getting my hands dirty out in my garden during Spring, I LOVE the quiet calm of Fall so much more. I feel like it’s just a more relaxing season, altogether. I don’t have to plan & prep a garden, I don’t have to prepare for roasting weather, I can just enjoy it. I can enjoy the colors, the brisk, cool weather, the long sleeves & scarves, the food, fun, & thrill in the air. I. Love. Fall.
So, with the beginning of the season, these are the things I’d love to do this year…
- Drink hot apple cider.
- Visit the NC State Fair.
- Go to the mountains (at least once).
- Press & preserve some Fall leaves.
- Do a couple’s photoshoot in a Fall setting.
- Go camping.
- Plant mums as decor around the house.
- Sit around a bonfire with friends.
- Make s’mores.
- Eat lots of turkey & Thanksgiving food.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Visit a corn maze.
- Take a hayride.
- Go to a haunted house.
- Go to a football game.
- Burn a Fall candle. (COMPLETED!)
- Watch Hocus Pocus.
- Watch Stranger Things.
- Figure out & wear a great couple’s costume with muh hubster.
- Go hiking.
- Bake some Fall bread (pumpkin, apple, zucchini, oh my).
- Bake my first pumpkin pie.
- Bake a spectacular apple pie.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Read a book & drink hot chocolate on a rainy day. (COMPLETED!)
- Cook a hearty & healthy stew (or two). (COMPLETED!)
- Make a gratitude list.
- Visit a Fall festival.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Read a book outdoors.
- Go for a morning stroll.
- Host a Fall bonfire party.
- Eat plenty of fried Fair food.
- Thoroughly enjoy the season!
We’ll see how many I get marked off the list! I’ll add a photo collage or slideshow with all the evidence later. 🙂 Happy Fall, ya’ll!!
What things do you hope to enjoy this Fall?
Be blessed, friends!